9 Pizza Fun Facts from Cafe Dolce Vita
The names of your dogs are various pizza toppings. You know exactly how much two large pepperoni pies will cost from your favorite pizzeria. You believe that “Merry Chrustmas”, should be a national saying, and that a night out on the town is not complete until you argue with your friend that, “yes, ordering one whole pie for myself at ten thirty at night is indeed a good decision”.
Pizza lover, from our staff at Cafe Dolce Vita to you, we say well done.
And while we applaud your devotion, we ask you, do you really know everything there is to know about the object of your affection? If not, here are nine pieces of trivia and facts guaranteed to astonish you!
- Officially, 1 in 8 Americans eats pizza on a given day. Unofficially, 7 out of 8 Americans are lying.
- Pizza lovers unite! Featuring over 500 exhibitors and 1400 booths, on March 19th to 22nd, 2018, Las Vegas will once again be host to the world’s largest pizza trade show. Expecting over 7,000 people in attendance and a host of competitive contests such as Freestyle Acrobatic Dough Tossing, Fastest Pizza Box Folding, and Largest Dough Stretch, you will indeed be in pizza heaven. But remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas….unless you are talking about leftovers.
- The most expensive pizza in the world goes to a Haggis restaurant in Glasgow, Scotland. Costing an exorbitant 4,200 pounds or 5,632 US dollars- the “Pizza Royale 007″, boasts a heaping of caviar, lobster, and specks of 24-carat gold dust. Making it, of course, the perfect gift for the upcoming holiday season.
- Curious about the largest pizza ever created? Prepared in Rome by Dovilio Nardiin in December 2012, it measured an astonishing 51,000 pounds and 131 feet across. Nicknamed Ottavia in homage to the Roman Emperor Octavius Augustus, the pizza was gluten-free is still currently in the process of being eaten. We’re kidding. We hope…
- Nutritionists look away! Americans eat approximately 350 slices of pizza per second. Additionally, the average American scarfs down 46 slices a year- but that just sounds like an impressive weekend to us!
- A study done by the Gallup Poll shows kids between the ages of 3 to 11 prefer pizza over all other food groups. No word if another one of their studies showed that dogs prefer human food to dog food.
- According to legend, on June 11th, 1889, to honor the Queen of Italy, Margherita of Savoy- Neapolitan pizza maker Raffaele Esposito created the “Pizza Margherita”. Representing the national colors of red, white and green, it was made with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. A love story for the ages.
- In July 1994, Jerry Dewayne stole a slice of pepperoni pizza. Unfortunately for him, he had a couple of prior felony convictions. Upgraded to felony petty theft because of California’s “three strike rule”, he would spend the rest of his life in jail. Hopefully, for his sake, they serve pizza.
- There are over 77,000 pizzerias operating in the United States. None of which match up to the quality of Cafe Dolce Vita!
With two locations on Long Island in Deer Park and Jericho, Cafe Dolce Vita is your primary destination for pizza and Italian cuisine. Stay updated with our latest specials and follow us on Facebook and Instagram and become part of the family!